Undergraduate Research Opportunities

Kettering University supports a number of research opportunities for undergraduates.  A student may be sponsored to work on a project in a research lab during the school term or the work term.  The Center for Culminating Undergraduate Experiences (CCUE) provides an opportunity for students to conduct research work for completion of a thesis.  Interested students should talk with sponsoring faculty in his/her degree department, the CCUE office, or the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) for more information.  Reviewing recently awarded projects may also be helpful.

Council of Undergraduate Research

Kettering is an enhanced institutional member of the Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR).  This membership includes unlimited memberships for any interested faculty, staff, or students. To register, complete the CUR application.  When Kettering University is selected as the Institution, you will be alerted that your membership is covered.  Once your membership is processed, you will receive a confirmation email and will be able to register for members only access online.

Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Policy

Kettering University expects that the Principal Investigator on projects will do their part to assure that students and others engaged in the project will receive appropriate guidance in such areas as: research integrity, data acquisition and management, authorship, research collaborations, conflicts of interest, and other areas of responsible research.

Completion of the appropriate CITI Responsible Conduct of Research training module is required for all Kettering University students engaged in National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored research, and is optional for all other research projects.

For additional information, please contact the OSR.