CAPP Instructions for Advisors
- Log into Banner Web/Self Service (User ID and PIN are the same as Blackboard and E-mail login)
- Select Faculty Advisors
- Select Advisor Menu
- Select Degree Evaluation
- Select current term (default) from drop down box and submit
- Enter student ID number or name
- Verify name displayed is correct
- Click Submit
You should now see the student’s curriculum information displayed (i.e. BS Mechanical Engineering - Do not click on this link). If the program information is incorrect, have the student contact the Registrar’s Office. If it is correct, proceed to the next step.
There will be three options (links) at the bottom of the page (“Generate New Evaluation” is the option to use for advisement purposes and to generate an evaluation of a student’s academic record toward their current major.)
- “Generate New Evaluation” (If “No current curriculum information found” message appears, select the “Current Enrollment” link at bottom of page, then “Generate New Evaluation” and continue)
- Click on the “Program” button to the left of the listed major
- Leave the “Term” dropdown box to the default which is “End of Time”
- Click on “Generate Request” (This may take several seconds to process)
- Once generated, you will see a “Degree Evaluation Report.”
- At the bottom of the Degree Evaluation Report page, click on “Previous Evaluations.”
- Click on the most recent evaluation - which should be the one you just generated.
- Select desired display option (see below) and “submit:”
- “Detail Requirements” is the option to use for advisement and most other purposes
- “General Requirements” displays only the courses the student has taken or is registered in
- “Additional Information” displays co-op registrations, in-progress courses and courses that are not applying to the student’s program (i.e. courses that were failed, audited, or withdrawn)
Note: Once compliance evaluation is generated, be sure to change your text size to “smaller” so the CAPP evaluation will print properly - just click on “View,” “Text Size,” and “Smaller.
- “View Previous Evaluations” displays any evaluations in the database
- “What-If Analysis” evaluates a different major, concentration, or minor
- Select the current term, continue
- Select a program, continue
- Select first major, submit to perform evaluation
- Select “Add More” to add on concentrations or minors, submit (AM, IE, ME and BUS all require a concentration for accurate evaluation)
- Select evaluation (current) term, generate request
- Select desired display option, submit
- Compliance (evaluation) generated
Questions regarding CAPP? email Registrar@kettering.edu or contact the Registrar's Office, (810) 762-7476.