PAWS (Personal Accessible Web Space)
Create a PAWS Content Folder through Windows
Creating a Personal Web Content folder/directory
- If you have not already done so, Map a Drive to your UNIX home directory via "My Computer".
- Choose a drive letter and type in \\odin\username (Where 'username' is the login name for UNIX) The password needed is the MS Domain password. Not needed if you are already logged onto the domain.
- You may or may not want to "Reconnect at logon"
- Double click the new drive to open it.
- Create a public_html folder/directory.
- It must be named "public_html" and be lowercase.
- Edit the public_html folder/directory security properties.
- Set the permissions for "Everyone" to read/execute/list
- After the above is done, you can create your Personal Web Content and drop it in "public_html". Permissions on directories should be read/execute/list, and on documents/files it should be read for "Everyone".