As part of a new offering from Microsoft through our licensing agreement, Kettering students and employees are eligible to access E-Learning courses online at Microsoft. These courses are meant to help you keep up-to-date with the latest major software releases and may be taken as time allows either on or off campus.
There are several courses available covering products such as MicroSoft Office 2010. Courses can be started and continued as time allows.
To gain initial access to the Microsoft® E-Learning courses, please follow the steps below:
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/activate/.
- Input your multiuse access code: (obtain the code)
- You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live™ ID. (This is the user name and password you use to access the site each time you log on.) If you already have a profile on microsoft.com, use that Windows Live ID otherwise create an id such as using your Kettering email address as your ID.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.
- From the confirmation e-mail, click the link to complete the e-mail confirmation and activate your courses.
- You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID, once again.
- A confirmation page appears indicating that the access code has been accepted (or you may receive an error message if the code was not accepted).
- Click the My Learning link to see a list of available courses.
- Click a course title to launch the offering. You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish that course.
To access your course at any time, please follow these steps:
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/.
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows Live ID and password.
- Click the My Learning Catalog link on the left side of the page under Customer Login.
- Begin your E-Learning course.
If you have any questions regarding your access code, you may e-mail or phone the Microsoft support center. To view a list of support phone numbers, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/ and click the Support/Feedback link. If you experience any problems with your E-Learning training, please contact the regional support center in your region athttp://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx.
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation. Please note that the access code we have received from Microsoft can accommodate a limited number of users from our organization. Do not share the code with unauthorized users. This is not permitted under our license agreement with Microsoft. Please provide any feedback from your experience using this resource by emailing the IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
Dan Garcia, Director of IT Operations