IRS regulations require reporting of gifts, prizes and awards as taxable income to the recipient. Complete the Gifts, Prizes or Awards Recipient Information form whenever spending University monies for gifts, prizes or awards, and send it to Accounts Payable along with a properly approved Funds and Materials Request form and the receipt of purchase.