Community Tutoring Basics
- Free, drop-in tutoring Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-8 PM.
- Can arrive and leave anytime between 6 and 8 PM.
- Math and science focused—bring your materials!
- Open to grades 3-12 students in Genesee County.
- Elementary and middle school students MUST have parent/guardian on campus while being tutored.
- Parent/Guardians are required to wait with kids if they are under 8th grade
- Emergency contacts should ALWAYS be up-to-date.
- Copies of report cards are requested to ensure that progress is being made.
Download the Community Tutoring Schedule.
For Kettering students:
Kagle provides a great opportunity to work with the community students in Flint and surrounding communities. Tuesday and Thursday evenings during weeks 2-9 of Fall, Winter and Spring terms, we host the Community Tutoring program from 6-8 p.m. If you are interested in working with the students, you must fill out an application (see our Join Us section) and attend an orientation training during week 1 of each term. Tutor applications are available.