Transcript Request Procedures

Transcripts are released by the Registrar’s Office at Kettering University only when a signed request is submitted by the student and they have met all financial obligations to the University. The typical turnaround time is one business day from the time the request is received. The student is responsible for supplying the correct mailing address to where they want the transcript sent.

Transcripts are free of charge. 

How to Obtain an Official Transcript

Fill out and sign a transcript request form

If you are unable to print out the official transcript request form, you may fax a written request that includes the following information:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number or email address
  • Address where the transcript is to be sent
  • Student ID  
  • Signature

Please Note: Kettering University does not accept digital signatures.

Official transcripts are sent via US mail only. 

How to Obtain an Unofficial Transcript

Current students (undergraduate and graduate) may access their unofficial transcript through Banner Web/Self Service. Any technical difficulties with Banner Web/Self Service should be directed to the IT Helpdesk at 810-237-8324 or

Former students (undergraduate and graduate) who did not receive a degree must submit their request by filling out and signing a transcript request form.  

Alumni who received an undergraduate degree in June 2009 or prior must submit their request by filling out and signing a transcript request form.

Alumni who received a graduate degree, or an undergraduate degree after June 2009, may submit their request by filling out a transcript request form, or by utilizing the online services available to Kettering alumni. 

Where to submit transcript requests
Kettering University Registrar’s Office:

Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583