Enrollment Status/Verifications 

Enrollment verifications for medical insurance, loan deferments, employment or other needs may be obtained through the Office of the Registrar. Enrollment verifications confirm a student's enrollment status (full-time, three-quarter time, half-time and less than half-time) and expected graduation date. Listed below are the enrollment statuses at Kettering University:
15 or more credits or COOP or Culminating Undergraduate Experience (thesis) = Full Time
12-14 credits = Three Quarter Time
8-11 credits = Half Time
1-7 credits or THS3 = Less Than Half Time

Inactive Status Due to Non-enrollment

Students must have a registration in each term for course work, coop, or the culminating undergraduate experience (CUE) in order to remain a student in an active status. Circumstances may occur where this may not be possible. The student must then withdraw from the Kettering degree program until the next academic term in which they could be enrolled. Refer to the Academic Policies and Regulations section of this catalog for information on Withdrawals. Students with no registrations and who do not formally withdraw will automatically become inactive (separated) due to non-enrollment. Inactive students may apply for readmission by submitting an Application for Readmission Form to the Office of the Registrar, available in the Office of the Registrar or on their website. The student’s cooperative employer is not obligated to continue their agreement with the student if the student status becomes inactive. However, the student and the employer are encouraged to make arrangements to re-establish that agreement when the student returns to active degree-seeking status whenever that is desirable and in their mutual interest. Students in an inactive status will no longer have access to any campus buildings, the Recreation Center or Banner Web. Inactive students are not eligible for participation in commencement.
Questions: Contact the Office of the Registrar

Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583