Majors (Declaring/Changing)

A major is an area of concentrated study which requires a minimum of 41 classes (161 credits). A student wishing to declare, change or add a major should consult the head of the department housing the major, or a faculty advisor within that department. The student is then responsible for completing a Declare/Change of Degree Request Form and obtaining all required signatures. This form must then be submitted to the Office of the Registrar for processing. The Registrar, in turn, will update the student record and send official notification of the change to the appropriate departments.
Questions: Contact the Office of the Registrar

Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583